Shannon and Ali were married on a beautiful August day at Rocklands Farm Winery in Poolesville, Maryland. Their Rocklands Farm wedding infused traditions from their Persian and Irish heritage, and it was a beautiful union of two families coming together. Shannon and Ali first tied the knot in a traditional Persian ceremony, which included the sofreh aghd containing elements symbolizing the sweetness of the union and blessings for the couple’s life together. Then, the couple tied the knot in a Christian ceremony. I loved that they were able to incorporate both of their cultures!
Other elements of the day that I loved:
- Their sunflower bouquets and sofreh centerpieces coincided with the sunflower blooms at Rocklands- we were even able to sneak out to the fields to take pictures in them. Instagram dreams made reality: check
- Not particularly wedding related, but the farm’s cat, new puppy (omg), and ducks all graced us with their presence at various points throughout the day. So. much. cute.
- Vintage elements were sprinkled throughout the decor at this Rockland Farms wedding, including blue glassware, table settings, and cute furniture peppered across the cocktail hour lawn to match their wedding colors and theme
- Ali’s two sons joined him and Shannon at their reception sweetheart table, and it was touching to see how close they are as a family
- Disney music during dinner (all of the Disney classics!) had me singing along as I ate
- The Persian knife dance performed before the bride and groom cut the cake, as well as all the other fun music kept the dance floor packed
- Amaaaazing weather. Upper 70s and no humidity in August? Someone pinch me!
Congratulations, Shannon and Ali! It was a pleasure documenting your wedding day. Many thanks to the awesome vendor team: